Benefits of Manuka Honey For Your Health
Manuka honey is a unique ingredient that is extracted from New Zealand’s rainforests, and it has been scientifically proven to have amazing health benefits. It has been shown to help with a wide variety of health problems, including:
– Treating Tinnitus – Millions of people are suffering from tinnitus and often don’t know what the problem is. The ringing in the ears can interfere with your day to day life and make it difficult to concentrate on your work. If you suffer from tinnitus, Manuka honey has been shown to help.
– Cleanse the mouth – Many people have dry mouth and are constantly looking for an alternative to commercial toothpaste. You can take advantage of this ingredient by applying it to your teeth twice a day.
– Reduce your risk of getting a cold or sinus infections – A lot of colds and sinus infections are actually caused by allergies. When the body becomes immune to an attack, it will eventually fail to respond to another attack. This is called a secondary response and can be prevented by eating Manuka honey.
– Help to prevent your eyes from drying out – Your eyes need to remain moist to avoid the possibility of developing age-related macular degeneration (AMD). If you choose to use this honey on your skin, you can use it daily.
– Help to cure cold sores – If you’ve ever suffered from a cold sore then you know how painful they can be. By applying Manuka honey to the sores, you can help to reduce the pain without feeling like you are doing something unprofessional.
– Reduce your risk of heart disease – A recent study found that this extract helps to lower the amount of bad cholesterol and raise the good cholesterol levels. Your body will be in better overall condition to combat disease.
Manuka honey is now widely available at health food stores, and it can be used as a dietary supplement to help improve your health. As previously mentioned, Manuka honey is particularly effective when used on the skin. It is also highly beneficial when used as a moisturizer on the lips.